Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Skookum's Oath


 
I, (state your name), do solemnly pledge to at all times abide by and
put into practice the creed advocated by the Skookum Mountaineers.
I shall unceasingly strive to live up to the principles and standards
of excellence that characterize a genuine Skookum.
I shall be of service not only to the group and my fellowmen,
but to the environment as well.
I knowingly understand that my induction is not the end
but is just the start of my constant pursuit to strengthen my character.
With each step that I make, and on every trail that I thread,
I shall learn by heart that mountaineering is not a mere adventure, but a way of life.
This I vow to the fullest of my capabilities,
without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion.
So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment